Uppskattad leveranstid 7-11 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 199:-
This concise guide is essential reading for EU organisations wanting an easy to follow overview of the new regulation and the compliance obligations for handling data of EU citizens.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will unify data protection and simplify the use of personal data across the EU, and automatically supersedes member states domestic data protection laws.
It will also apply to every organisation in the world that processes personal information of EU residents.
The Regulation introduces a number of key changes for all organisations that process EU residents’ personal data.
EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide provides an essential introduction to this new data protection law, explaining the Regulation and setting out the compliance obligations for EU organisations.
This second edition has been updated with improved guidance around related laws such as the NIS Directive and the future ePrivacy Regulation.
EU GDPR – A Pocket Guide sets out:
- A brief history of data protection and national data protection laws in the EU (such as the German BDSG, French LIL and UK DPA).
- The terms and definitions used in the GDPR, including explanations.
- The key requirements of the GDPR, including:
- Which fines apply to which Articles;
- The six principles that should be applied to any collection and processing of personal data;
- The Regulation’s applicability;
- Data subjects’ rights;
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIAs);
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO) and whether you need one;
- Data breaches, and the notification of supervisory authorities and data subjects;
- Obligations for international data transfers.
- How to comply with the Regulation, including:
- Understanding your data, and where and how it is used (e.g. Cloud suppliers, physical records);
- The documentation you need to maintain (such as statements of the information you collect and process, records of data subject consent, processes for protecting personal data);
- The “appropriate technical and organisational measures” you need to take to ensure your compliance with the Regulation.
- A full index of the Regulation, enabling you to find relevant Articles quickly and easily.
Buy your copy today.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9781787780682
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 76
- Utgivningsdatum: 2018-10-16
- Förlag: Itgp