Language Practices in Social Work
Hos dig inom 1-3 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
- Inbunden 1569:-
Analysis of language and discourse in social sciences has become increasingly popular over the past thirty years. Only very recently has it been applied to the study of social work, despite the fact that communication and language are central to social work practice.
This book looks at how social workers, their clients and other professionals categorise and manage the problems of social work in ways which are rendered understandable, accountable and which justify professional intervention. Features include:
- studies of key practice areas in social work, such as interviews, case conferences, home visits
- analysis of the language and construction used in typical case studies of everyday social work practice
- exploration of the ways in which professionals can examine their own practice and uncover the discursive, narrative and rhetorical methods that they use.
The purpose of this engaging study is to increase awareness of language and discourse in order to help develop better practice in social work. It is essential reading for professionals in social work, child welfare and the human services and will be a valuable contribution to the study of professional language and communication.
- Format: Häftad
- ISBN: 9780415356879
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 198
- Utgivningsdatum: 2006-02-02
- Förlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd