In particular, it provides:
- an overview of the development of welfare states in Europe;
- a discussion of key issues including welfare state theories, the role of globalization, gender and the welfare state; welfare typologies; and the role of public opinion;
- a detailed account of recent developments and current challenges in five European welfare states; and
- a detailed account of the key challenges facing European welfare states and possible future directions for welfare models including the role of the European Union in the development of social policy.
This book is illustrated throughout with student-friendly features such as case-studies, chapter summaries, questions for discussion and guides for further reading. With a flowing narrative and clear structure the book is an invaluable text for undergraduates taking courses in comparative social policy. It will also be useful for students in related disciplines such as public policy, social welfare, politics and international relations.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9781412901734
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 257
- Utgivningsdatum: 2005-10-11
- Förlag: Sage Pubn