Critical discourse analysis - the critical study of language
Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 149:- för medlemmar.
Bringing together papers written by Norman Fairclough over a 25 year period, "Critical Discourse Analysis" represents a comprehensive and important contribution to the development of this popular field.
The book is divided into seven sections covering the following themes:
- language in relation to ideology and power
- discourse in processes of social and cultural change
- dialectics of discourse, dialectical relations between discourse and other moments of social life
- methodology of critical discourse analysis research
- analysis of political discourse
- discourse in globalisation and 'transition'
- critical language awareness in education
The new edition has been extensively revised and enlarged to include a total of twenty two papers. It will be of value to researchers in the subject and should prove essential reading for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students in Linguistics and other areas of social science.
Norman Fairclough is Emeritus Professor at Lancaster University.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9781405858229
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 608
- Utgivningsdatum: 2010-04-01
- Förlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd