Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
This is an essential companion to the process of decolonization a " perhaps one of the most important historical processes of the twentieth century. Examining decolonization in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific, the Companion includes:
- thematic chapters
- a detailed chronology and thorough glossary
- biographies of key figures
Providing comprehensive coverage of a broad and complex subject area, the guide explores:
- the global context for decolonization
- nationalism and the rise of resistance movements
- resistance by white settlers and moves towards independence
- Hong Kong and Macau, and decolonization in the late twentieth century
- debates surrounding neo-colonialism, and the rise of a developmenta (TM) projects and aid
- the legacy of colonialism in law, education, administration and the military.
With suggestions for further reading, and a guide to sources, this is an invaluable resource for students and scholars of the colonial and post-colonial eras, and is an indispensable guide to the reshaping of the world in the twentieth century.
- Format: Häftad
- ISBN: 9780415356336
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 384
- Utgivningsdatum: 2006-02-23
- Del i serien: Routledge Companions to History
- Förlag: Routledge