Hos dig inom 1-3 arbetsdagar
Just nu - Fri frakt för medlemmar!
Professor Noel Castree, University of Manchester, UK
This engaging and stimulating book aims to radically re-shape and sharpen debates in geography education by taking an entirely fresh approach to both the subject and its place in secondary education.Key questions addressed in this book include:
- What is the place of geography within the secondary school curriculum?
- To what extent does school geography reflect and engage with contemporary issues and theories from the wider subject?
- What are the issues, challenges and opportunities of a concept-led approach to teaching geography?
- What are the implications of ICT, media and technology for the future of geography teaching in schools?
the new focus on concepts represents a significant shift in how geography is to be taught in schools, yet there has been little extended discussion of what a 'concept-led' approach to teaching and learning would entail. this book fills that void by examining geography's key concepts, and providing teachers with a theoretically robust and practical approach to curriculum planning using a concept-led approach.
This is essential reading for all secondary geography teachers, trainee teachers and anyone involved with education and curriculum planning.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9780335234486
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 192
- Utgivningsdatum: 2010-01-16
- Förlag: Open University Press