Engineering Materials 1
Uppskattad leveranstid 7-11 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 149:-
Widely adopted around the world, Engineering Materials 1 is a core materials science and engineering text for third- and fourth-year undergraduate students; it provides a broad introduction to the mechanical and environmental properties of materials used in a wide range of engineering applications. The text is deliberately concise, with each chapter designed to cover the content of one lecture. As in previous editions, chapters are arranged in groups dealing with particular classes of properties, each group covering property definitions, measurement, underlying principles, and materials selection techniques. Every group concludes with a chapter of case studies that demonstrate practical engineering problems involving materials. The 5th edition boasts expanded properties coverage, new case studies, more exercises and examples, and all-around improved pedagogy.
Engineering Materials 1, Fifth Edition is perfect as a stand-alone text for a one-semester course in engineering materials or a first text with its companion Engineering Materials 2: An Introduction to Microstructures and Processing , in a two-semester course or sequence.
- New chapters on magnetic, optical, thermal and electrical properties, with appropriate case studies of applications
- Improved pedagogy, featuring more relevant photographs, new glossary of terms, additional worked examples, plus 50% more exercises than in previous edition, now graded according to difficulty
- Improved discussion of supply and demand in Chapter 2
- Discussion at various points throughout the book of how nanomaterials can differ from larger-scale materials in their properties
- New case studies on medical materials/biomaterials
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9780081020517
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 586
- Utgivningsdatum: 2018-12-15
- Förlag: Butterworth-Heinemann