Child Welfare in Football
Hos dig inom 7-11 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
Sport and those who run it have an important duty to ensure the safety and wellbeing of young participants. This text presents the findings of a unique research project into the experiences of a wide range of stakeholders in contemporary youth soccer, exploring crucial issues of child protection, social policy, and the culture and governance of sport. It covers:
- The youth soccer context a " twenty-first century family life, the sports policy background, and the organisation, governance and culture of the English game
- Research findings a " the experiences of children and young people, parents and carers, coaches, teachers, referees, Child Protection Officers, Football Development Officers, and those involved in womena (TM)s, disability and professional soccer
- Issues in social policy research a " methodological, ethical and management challenges
- Conclusions and implications a " the benefits and limitations of different approaches to the protection of children and young people in sport.
For researchers, professionals and decision-makers, this text provides important new insight into the impact of child protection policies, and into the potential for evidence-based practice in youth sport.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9780415372336
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 251
- Utgivningsdatum: 2005-01-26
- Förlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd