Uppskattad leveranstid 7-11 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 199:-
The selection is judicious and valuably supplemented by thorough commentaries that contextualise and clarify the debates and issues and the importance of each excerpt. Though today there may be many readers in and around cultural and media studies, Easthope and McGowans remains vital Times Higher Educational Supplement
this reader introduces the key readings in critical and cultural theory. it guides students through the tradition of thought, from saussures early writings on language to contemporary commentary on world events by theorists such as baudrillard and iek. the readings are grouped according to six thematic sections: semiology; ideology; subjectivity; difference; gender and race; and postmodernism.
The second and expanded edition of this highly successful Reader reflects the growing diversity of the field.
- Featuring thirteen new essays, including essays by Homi Bhabha, Simone de Beauvoir, Franz Fanon and Judith Butler
- With a general introduction as well as useful introductions to each of the thematic sections
- Including summaries of each of the extracts invaluable for students and lecturers.
Essays by: Louis Althusser, Roland Barthes, Jean Baudrillard, Homi K. Bhabha, Judith Butler, Hlne Cixous, Simone de Beauvoir, Ferdinand de Saussure, Jacques Derrida, Umberto Eco, Frederick Engels, Franz Fanon, Michel Foucault, Sigmund Freud, Julia Kristeva, Jacques Lacan, Jean-Franois Lyotard, Colin MacCabe, Pierre Macherey, Karl Marx, Kobena Mercer, Laura Mulvey, Rajeswari Sunder Rajan, Edward Said, Slavoj iek.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9780335213559
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 304
- Utgivningsdatum: 2004-07-01
- Förlag: Open University Press