Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
From elicitation, pretexting, influence and manipulation all aspects of social engineering are picked apart, discussed and explained by using real world examples, personal experience and the science behind them to unraveled the mystery in social engineering.
Kevin Mitnickone of the most famous social engineers in the worldpopularized the term social engineering. He explained that it is much easier to trick someone into revealing a password for a system than to exert the effort of hacking into the system. Mitnick claims that this social engineering tactic was the single-most effective method in his arsenal. This indispensable book examines a variety of maneuvers that are aimed at deceiving unsuspecting victims, while it also addresses ways to prevent social engineering threats.
- Examines social engineering, the science of influencing a target to perform a desired task or divulge information
- Arms you with invaluable information about the many methods of trickery that hackers use in order to gather information with the intent of executing identity theft, fraud, or gaining computer system access
- Reveals vital steps for preventing social engineering threats
- Includes a direct URL to a free download of the worlds premiere penetration-testing distribution, BackTrack 4 SE Edition - geared towards Social Engineering Tools
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking does its part to prepare you against nefarious hackersnow you can do your part by putting to good use the critical information within its pages.
- Format: Paperback
- ISBN: 9780470639535
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 382
- Utgivningsdatum: 2010-12-10
- Förlag: WILEY