Religious education - a conceptual and interdisciplinary approach for secon
Hos dig inom 2-6 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
The role of Religious Education in secondary schools is the subject of national and international debate. This book examines the current debates surrounding RE and puts forward a new approach to teaching the subject that is non-faith based and focused on conceptual enquiry and the development of a clear pedagogy. The book is based on the Living Difference learning model developed in Hampshire and adopted in other parts of the UK, which is sparking international discussion and provides an effective approach to implementing the new secondary curriculum.
The chapters include examinations of:
- religious education and the curriculum
- an interdisciplinary approach to religious education
- the significance of pedagogy and learnersa (TM) development
- planning, progression, assessment and delivery
- specific case studies and examples of good practice in schools
- theoretical grounding and the future of RE
- the effects of globalisation, post-modernity and multiculturalism.
Providing a basis for developing thinking about Religious Education, its place in the curriculum and how it can be delivered effectively in schools, this book is essential reading for tutors, students and teachers.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9780415478748
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 248
- Utgivningsdatum: 2010-04-14
- Del i serien: David Fulton Books
- Förlag: Routledge