Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
Operations Strategy 5th edition
Nigel Slack and Michael Lewis
Now in its fifth edition, Operations Strategy continues to provide a
comprehensive understanding of the interaction between operational resources and market requirements. Companies such as Apple and Google have transformed their prospects through the way they manage their operations resources strategically, turning their operations capabilities into a formidable asset. The ideas and examples in this book illustrate how operations strategy can develop these capabilities by building on concepts from strategic management, operations management, marketing and HRM. This is the ideal text for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students.
New to this edition
- The introduction (and reintroduction) of short and long case studies, while retaining those that proved popular from the previous edition. These cases can still be used to form the basis of a whole course in operations strategy.
- An approach that highlights some of the developments in operations strategy, especially how its concepts are having wider application.
- Many new and updated examples, which cover the topical issues in operations strategy.
- The inclusion of some new material relating to such issues as the VRIO framework, the idea of the three levels of performance, business ecosystems, and topics in product/service innovation.
- Engaging case studies and examples that illustrate the broad and long-term issues of operations strategy
- Key questions which set the scene at the beginning of each chapter as well as summary answers
- Multiple theories in each chapter exploring the underpinning ideas
- Focus on the interaction between operational resources and external requirements
- Comprehensive and accessible with an excellent blend of theory and practice
Professor Nigel Slack is Emeritus Professor of Operations Management and Strategy at Warwick Business School an Honorary Professor at Bath University and an Associate Fellow of Said Business School, Oxford. He is an educator, consultant and writer with wide experience in many sectors.
Professor Michael Lewis is Professor of Operations and Supply Management and Head of the Information, Decisions and Operations Group at Bath School of Management. He has teaching, research and consultancy experience with a broad range of public and private sector organizations.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9781292162492
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 520
- Utgivningsdatum: 2017-03-01
- Förlag: Pearson