Uppskattad leveranstid 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 199:-
Learn what happens behind the scenes of operating systems
Find out how operating systems work, including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Operating Systems Demystified describes the features common to most of today's popular operating systems and how they handle complex tasks.
Written in a step-by-step format, this practical guide begins with an overview of what operating systems are and how they are designed. The book then offers in-depth coverage of the boot process; CPU management; deadlocks; memory, disk, and file management; network operating systems; and the essentials of system security. Detailed examples and concise explanations make it easy to understand even the technical material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce key concepts.
It's a no-brainer! You'll learn about:
- Fundamentals of operating system design
- Differences between menu- and command-driven user interfaces
- CPU scheduling and deadlocks
- Management of RAM and virtual memory
- Device management for hard drives, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray drives
- Networking basics, including wireless LANs and virtual private networks
- Key concepts of computer and data security
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Operating Systems Demystified helps you learn the essential elements of OS design and everyday use.
- Illustratör: illustrations
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9780071752268
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 331
- Utgivningsdatum: 2011-12-07
- Förlag: OSBORNE/MCGRAW