Mathematical Knowledge for Primary Teachers: Fourth Edition
Boken är slut i e-handeln
Now in its fourth edition, the bestselling text Mathematical Knowledge for Primary Teachers provides trainee teachers with clear information about the fundamental mathematical ideas taught in primary schools.
With rigorous and comprehensive coverage of all the mathematical knowledge primary teachers need, the text goes beyond rules and routines to help readers deepen their understanding of mathematical ideas and increase their confidence in teaching these ideas. Fully updated to incorporate recommendations of the Williams review, new sections are included covering talk for learning in mathematics, with an emphasis placed on the language and vocabulary used in arithmetic contexts.
Throughout the book, knowledge is linked to the TDA standards for Qualified Teacher Status, and features include:
- a Checka (TM) questions to test the readera (TM)s understanding
- a Challengesa (TM), to increase teachersa (TM) confidence and stretch their mathematical abilities
- a Links with the classrooma (TM) to emphasise the relevance of ideas to the classroom context
- Straightforward coverage from theory to practice for all aspects of the Mathematics framework.
The book is accompanied by e-resources, which contain further visual activities and support, designed to scaffold and support the readera (TM)s own understanding. Essential reading for all practising and trainee primary teachers, this book is ideal for those who wish to increase their mathematical understanding and confidence in presenting mathematics in the classroom.
- Format: Häftad
- Upplaga: 4
- ISBN: 9780415559232
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 316
- Utgivningsdatum: 2010-02-24
- Förlag: Routledge