Uppskattad leveranstid 7-11 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 199:-
"...this book can be recommended to journalism students as a useful entry point into many of the debates surrounding 21st century journalism, and as a way of encouraging thought about what, indeed, a journalist may be."
Tony Harcup, University of Sheffield
- What are the key issues confronting journalism today, and why?
- What are the important debates regarding the forms and practices of reporting?
- How can the quality of news be improved?
- Journalisms role in a democracy
- Source dynamics in news production
- Journalism ethics
- Sexism and racism in the news
- Tabloidization, scandals and celebrity
- Reporting conflict, terrorism and war
- The future of investigative journalism
Journalism: Critical Issues is essential reading for students and researchers in the fields ofnews and journalism, media studies, cultural studies, sociology and communication studies.
Contributors: Stuart Allan, Alison Anderson, Olga Guedes Bailey, Steven Barnett,Oliver Boyd-Barrett, Michael Bromley, Cynthia Carter, Simon Cottle, Chas Critcher,Matthew David, Mire Messenger Davies, Bob Franklin, Robert A. Hackett, RamaswamiHarindranath, Ian Hutchby, Richard Keeble, Justin Lewis, Minelle Mahtani, P. David Marshall,Brian McNair, Martin Montgomery, Alan Petersen, Susanna Hornig Priest, Jane Rhodes,Karen Ross, David Rowe, Prasun Sonwalkar, Linda Steiner, Howard Tumber, Ingrid Volkmer,Karin Wahl-Jorgensen, Barbie Zelizer.
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9780335214754
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 408
- Utgivningsdatum: 2005-01-01
- Förlag: Open University Press