Boken är slut online
- Pocket/Paperback 549:-
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* A revised Chapter 5, "Religion and Politics," provides more focused and up-to-date coverage of Osama bin Laden's influence and the continued growth of extremism; the relationship of Islam to violence; the meaning of jihad and the origins of a global jihad ideology; the role of suicide bombing; and the influence of Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi Islam.
* An updated Chapter 6, "The Struggle for Islam in the 21st Century," covers Muslim responses to new social and political contexts and presents the diverse and competing positions--from traditionalist to modernist--of contemporary Muslim leaders on issues of religious authority, women's rights, Shariah, violence, and terrorism.
* More extensive treatment of early Islam in Chapters 1 and 2
* An enhanced art program featuring twenty-one photos and three maps
* A new appendix that includes an extensive timeline of key events in the history of Islam
* A FREE 6-month subscription to Oxford Islamic Studies Online (www.oxfordislamicstudies.com), edited by John L. Esposito. Please look inside for details.
- Format: Häftad
- Upplaga: 4
- ISBN: 9780195396003
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 352
- Utgivningsdatum: 2012-02-16
- Förlag: Oxford University Press, USA