Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 149:- för medlemmar.
- Häftad 849:- (1099:-)
Disaster management is a vibrant and growing field, driven by government spending in the wake of terrorist attacks and environmental debacles, as well as private-sector hiring of risk managers and emergency planners. An ever-increasing number of practicing professionals needs a reference that can provide a solid foundation in ALL major phases of supervision - mitigation, preparedness, response, communications, and recovery. As climate change leads to further costly catastrophes and as countries around the world continue to struggle with terrorism, the demand for solutions will only grow. This revised edition of Coppola's revered resource meets said demand head-on with more focused, current, thoughtfully analyzed, and effective approaches to disaster relief.
- Expanded coverage of global approaches to disaster management with enhanced data and research on disasters around the world, including Cyclone Nargis, the H1N1 pandemic, and the tsunami in American Samoa
- More material on risk management, mitigation, myths that affect behavior during crises, and post-disaster evaluation of the response
- Up-to-date information on the role of aid organizations and international financial institutions like the World Bank in disaster response, as well as commentary on the latest research in disaster management and policy studies
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9780128103623
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 696
- Utgivningsdatum: 2016-08-19
- Förlag: Butterworth-Heinemann