Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
- Inbunden 1269:-
"Comprehensive in its scope and scale, rigorously argued and richly illustrated with wide-ranging examples, this clearly written and user-friendly book from a veteran commentator on international communication will be valuable for students and scholars. Strongly recommended."
- Daya Thussu, Professor of International Communication, University of Westminster
Global Communication explores the history, present and future of global communication, introducing and explaining the theories, stories and flows of information and media that affect us all. Based on his experience teaching generations of students to critically examine the world of communication around them, Cees Hamelink helps readers understand the thinkers, concepts and questions in this changing landscape. This book:
- Explores the cultural, economic, political and social dimensions and consequences of global communication
- Introduces the key thinkers who have been inspirational to the field
- Teaches you to master the art of asking critical questions
- Takes you through concrete cases from UN summits to hot lines and cyber-surveillance
- Boosts your essay skills with a guided tour of the literature, including helpful comments and recommendations of what to cite
- Brings you directly into the classroom with a series of video lectures
This book guides students through the complex terrain of global communication, helping you become a critically informed participant in the ever-changing communication landscape. It is essential reading for students of communication and media studies.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9781849204248
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 296
- Utgivningsdatum: 2014-12-15
- Förlag: SAGE Publications Ltd