Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
- Inbunden 1489:-
A new edition of this bestseller, the only book to cover this range of ethical issues with attention both to the roundedness and individual integrity of each religious tradition and to focused issues which are of contemporary interest.
The format of the book has not changed. It provides for parallel study of the values held by different communities, exploring the ethical foundations of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Each section introduces a different religion and sets the wider context within which more specific questions can be asked. Individual topics can be accessed and understood not only within a tradition as a whole but also across traditions through careful indexing. The following topics are then addressed as appropriate to the given traditions:
Religious Identity and Authority
Personal and Private?
Marriage and Family
Influence on and Use of Time and Money
Quality and Value of Life
Questions of Right and Wrong
Equality and Difference
National Divisions, War and Peace
* Each section is written by a specialist in that religious tradition, who in some cases is also an 'insider' and in the other cases has worked closely and in a respected and respectful way with members of that tradition.
* Individual topics can be accessed and understood not only within a tradition as a whole but also across traditions through careful indexing
* Additions to the text include subsections on reproduction, vegetarianism, just war and terrorism; and new material on weapons of mass destruction and pre-emptive strikes and genetic modification
- Format: Pocket
- ISBN: 9780748623303
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 384
- Utgivningsdatum: 2006-12-01
- Förlag: Edinburgh University Press