This well-written overview of the major theoretical perspectives and crime types covered in most introductory criminology courses covers the most up-to-date theories and research of the field in a concise, cost-effective format. Each chapter includes chapter-opening vignettes, photos, case studies, and tables and figures to engage student interest. In the often-difficult theory chapters, summary tables that compare and contrast theories and Concluding Policy and Prevention sections promote a deep understanding of criminological concepts.
New to this edition:
- An all-new Chapter 5, Crime as Choice: Rationality, Emotion, and Criminal Behavior , covers rational choice, routine activities, and cultural/anarchic theories, enabling a discussion of the role of emotions in criminality.
- A new discussion explores the positive and negative aspects of emotions
- The Theory in Action boxes illustrate chapter material with interesting case studies and now include review questions.
- All chapters have been thoroughly updated with the new events in crime and criminology, as well as the latest crime statistics and empirical advances.
- Fascinating new case studies featuring major criminals illustrate the theories.
- New, expanded coverage of drug trafficking, human trafficking, weapons trafficking, money laundering, and school shootings has been added.
- New tables with updated data and illustrations appear in every chapter.
- Format: Paperback
- ISBN: 9781483350691
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 408
- Utgivningsdatum: 2014-09-09
- Förlag: SAGE Publications, Inc