Uppskattad leveranstid 11-21 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt för medlemmar vid köp för minst 149:-
This new text offers a comprehensive and accessible treatment of the theory of algorithms and complexity - the elegant body of concepts and methods developed by computer scientists over the past 30 years for studying the performance and limitations of computer algorithms. Among topics covered are: reductions and NP-completeness, cryptography and protocols, randomized algorithms, and approximability of optimization problems, circuit complexity, the "structural" aspects of the P=NP question, parallel computation, the polynomial hierarchy, and many others.
Several sophisticated and recent results are presented in a rather simple way, while many more are developed in the form of extensive notes, problems, and hints. The book is surprisingly self-contained, in that it develops all necessary mathematical prerequisites from such diverse field as computability, logic, number theory, combinatorics, and probability.Features
- First unified introduction to computational complexity.
- Integrates computation, applications, and logic throughout.
- Provides an accessible introduction to logic, including Boolean logic, first-order logic, and second-order logic.
- Includes extensive exercises including historical notes, references, and challeging problems.
- Format: Inbunden
- Upplaga: 1
- ISBN: 9780201530827
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 500
- Utgivningsdatum: 1993-11-30
- Förlag: Addison Wesley Pub Co Inc