The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this beautiful country.
Visit Vienna's many art galleries and museums, admire Baroque architecture in Salzburg, hike along mountain paths in Tyrol or discover the enchanting town of Hallstatt: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Austria with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Austria:
- Over 25 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Austria, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as the world-renowned Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna's sprawling Hofburg palace complex, Salzburg's impressive Hohensalzburg Fortress and more
- Colour photographs of Austria's historic cities, pretty towns, impressive architecture, beautiful alpine scenery and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating history and culture, diverse landscapes including the formation of the alps, flora and fauna, musical heritage, world-famous artwork, action-packed festivals, delicious cuisine and Viennese desserts, traditional cafes, as well as outdoor activities including skiing and hiking
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Vienna; Lower Austria and Burgenland; Styria, Upper Austria, Salzburger Land; Tyrol and Vorarlberg; Carinthia and East Tyrol
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Austria is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Austria.