Hos dig inom 5-9 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
- Inbunden 1639:-
"The book covers some of the (traditionally) most obtuse and difficult-to-grasp philosophical ideas that have influenced geographers/geography. The fact that these are presented in an inclusive and accessible manner is a key strength. Many students have commented that the chapters they have read have encouraged them to read more in this field, which is fantastic from a lecturer's perspective."
- Richard White, Sheffield Hallam University
A new edition of the classic Approaches text for students, organised in three sections, which overviews and explains the history and philosophy of Human Geographies in all its applications by those who practise it:
- Section One – Philosophies: Positivist Geography / Humanism / Feminist Geographies / Marxisms / Structuration Theory / Human Animal / Realism / Postmodern Geographies/ Poststructuralist Theories / Actor-Network Theory, / Postcolonialism / Geohumanities / Technologies
- Section Two – People: Institutions and Cultures / Places and Contexts / Memories and Desires / Understanding Place / Personal and Political / Becoming a Geographer / Movement and Encounter / Spaces and Flows / Places as Thoughts
- Section Three – Practices: Mapping and Geovisualization / Quantification, Evidence, and Positivism / Geographic Information Systems / Humanism / Activism / Feminist Geographies / Poststructuralist Theories / Psychoanalysis / Environmental Inquiry / Contested Geographies and Culture Wars
Fully updated throughout and with eight brand new chapters - this is the core text for modules on history, theory, and practice in Human Geography.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9781446276020
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 456
- Utgivningsdatum: 2014-12-15
- Förlag: SAGE Publications Ltd