Hos dig inom 1-3 arbetsdagar
Fri frakt vid köp över 99:- för medlemmar.
Advanced Financial Reporting: A complete guide to IFRS
Advanced Financial Reporting is a detailed guide to international accounting standards, with coverage of every IFRS and IAS. This includes areas such as accounting for assets, liabilities, equity, consolidated financial statements, reporting financial performance and financial instruments.
This text traces the evolution of modern accounting and outlines why accounting standards have global economic consequences. It explains the IASB's conceptual framework, the regulatory environment in which financial statements are prepared and the use of the annual report as a public relations tool. With a focus on the cultural changes required to combat creative accounting in annual reports, this book explores why management often seeks such 'creative accounting' - and how the development of principle-based standards, an increased focus on ethics, improved corporate governance and an emphasis on corporate social responsibility can provide solutions.
This text has been written primarily for intermediate and advanced students of financial reporting, and for those preparing for the examinations of the professional accountancy bodies.
Key features include:
- Comprehensive coverage of all IFRSs and IASs.
- Up-to-date research, keeping you informed of the latest developments and accounting rules.
- Clear focus on double entry principles throughout, to enable you to finely hone your financial accounting skills.
- A practical, accessible and easy-to-follow style that aids understanding.
- A large number of worked examples and solutions, providing an insight into how you can apply accounting standards in practice.
- End-of-chapter questions, affording an opportunity to test your knowledge and practise what you have learnt.
Derry Cotter is a lecturer in accounting at University College Cork, Ireland.
- Format: Pocket/Paperback
- ISBN: 9780273732358
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 512
- Utgivningsdatum: 2011-09-16
- Förlag: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall